Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisations are available at the Surgery
Who Is At Risk of Flu?
- Those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020
- Those aged 50 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline health and social care staff
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.