The Hoxton Surgery Mission Statement
The Hoxton Surgery is an established medical practice that is committed to preserve and enhance its good reputation for being a caring and innovative practice. We put our patient’s at the heart of everything we do, and we commit ourselves to providing you with the highest standard of care and treatment.
We undertake to:
- Treat you with respect and courtesy at all times;
- Provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner;
- Help you make decisions about your health by treating you as an equal;
- Discuss what treatment is available and refer you on to other experts where appropriate and necessary;
- Act as your advocate and guide through health and social services;
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf;
- Keep up to date with developments in health care by continuing to learn.
In return we ask you to:
- Keep your appointment, or let us know as soon as possible if you can’t attend;
- Only use the out-of-hours services for urgent conditions which can’t wait until the next day or over the weekend;
- Be courteous to our staff;
- Let us know if you have any suggestions or cause for complaint as soon as possible so that we can continually improve our services and maintain them to the highest standards;
- Let us know when we have done well.
GP & Staff Training
To maintain a high standard of care, all members of the Practice Team receive regular training and updating. We also train medical students and request that you help us teach the doctors of tomorrow.
Our practice is a “community teaching practice” for King’s College London School of Medicine. With the supervision of your doctor or nurse, medical students may, with your consent in advance, join your consultation. This is one way medical students learn to become good doctors and understand patient views about their care. We appreciate your help with their learning. Please let your doctor or practice manager know if you have any questions about our community medical teaching.
We are an equal opportunities practice. All individuals are treated equally, irrespective of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion, political belief or age.
All our staff are bound by a strict confidentiality policy. All patients’ records are treated in the strictest confidentiality. This means we are unable to give out patient information, even to relatives. We are not even allowed to tell you if someone is or has been in the surgery.
Primary Care Network (PCN)
We are part of Shoreditch Park and City Primary Care Network. It is an NHS collaboration between 6 GP Practices - Shoreditch Park Surgery, Southgate/Whiston Road Surgery, De Beauvoir Surgery, The Hoxton Surgery, The Lawson Practice, and The Neaman Practice (City). We are working together to provide extended services.
Visit Shoreditch Park and City Primary Care Network
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.